Friday, May 27, 2011

We're here!


Wow moving is hard! I knew it was going to be hard, but I don't think I really knew. It's good to be here and hard to be here. We've felt pretty homesick to be honest. I know it's all going to take some time though. Our ward here has been great and very welcoming - it's just hard. It's hard to leave what you know so well and all the comforts and people who have been such a huge part of your life. And come to a place of all new things and people and feeling totally out of your comfort zone.

The first week here we stayed with family (we are so lucky that we have family here). We went into DC one day and did a museum. We hung out at a very amazing park but mostly just enjoyed hanging out together. Thanks Dave and Jenn! Beck's 1st Birthday was the day we flew out. We sang to him on the airplane, I think :) We are going to make his cake very very soon and when I do, I will post pictures. Here are some pictures of the latest happenings.














4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting....seeing these pictures makes me feel like you aren't that far away. Looks like you are keeping yourself busy, and the kids look happy! We miss you, we miss you....and I know that doesn't help, but we do.
    Have fun putting your new house together. We love you and hope VA starts feeling more like home.

    Happy Birthday to Jared today....we made a cake in his honor, I'll send you pictures. We are thinking of you guys always, but especially today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun times for everyone! Hope you get settled in and have a great summer there. It has rained here the past two days and more is forecasted for tomorrow. (I am just trying to help you not be too homesick.) We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I saw pictures on Sanders blog!! There are so many people that live back there from here! it's crazy! We miss you guys for sure but are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your move and new job! It is great to have you on the East coast again!!! If you guys get in the mood for a road trip, come visit us in Charlotte (about a 7 hour drive). We would love to see you and have plenty of room for you to stay.

    ReplyDelete